THE GAMMON HOUSE
BUILT IN 1850
The Gammon House was built in 1850 — the same year that the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 imposed six months’ imprisonment and a massive $1,000 fine on any person aiding a runaway slave by providing food or shelter.
The Gammon House is one of only three existing Ohio “stops” on the Underground Railroad owned by a free person of color.
JUNETEENTH?... THE HISTORY & OUR ANNUAL CELEBRATION
A Message from Springfield Ohio’s Native Son
Gammon House Underground Railroad Marker Dedication
Friends and Supporters of Gammon House gathered on Saturday, September 19, to officially unveil and dedicate it’s Historical Underground Railroad Plaque.
The Springfield High School Class of 1955 made a generous contribution towards the historical UGRR Marker.
June 19th 2021 at 620 Piqua Place Springfield, Ohio.
A 5K Run/ Walk for freedom along with our annual FatherFest providing Good Dad Awards and local vendors!
A monument recognizing 139 United States Colored Troops (USCT) buried in Ferncliff Cemetary…